Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my job is running my x and y axis are slowly creeping towards negative values. For example: If I run a job for about 1/2 hour and then stop it and tell my machine to return to zero, it will return about 1/8" left and below its original zero point. This shows up if I am cutting a gear and the cutter is making multiple cuts around to get to finished depth. After a few passes, the cutter no longer passes through the same position as the previous pass. I am running 3-Axis NEMA23 CNC Kit (36V/9.7A/425oz-in/KL-4030) purchased from Automation Technology and running on Mach3. I am using cambam for g-code. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
If nothing is loose I'm thinking one of two things. Either you need to replace a bearing or two or the leadscrews and tubes are dry. They have to have an occasional few drops of 3 in 1 put on them, which also works it's way to the bearings.

HJ

Reactions: artman60

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Sounds like you may be using the wrong post processor for your machine when saving toolpaths. It could be as simple as using the mm post processor instead of the inch post processor.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It sounds more like you are losing steps check to see if there is any binding when you disconnect the steppers and move your gantry by hand. You could also run the file as an air cut and see if it loses again note where the bit is on the table after that then rezero and rerun it and see if the bit is in the same spot after it is done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts