Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the commercial for Dragon speech to text software?
I bought this new software package, it has virtually eliminated my typing errors, and almost hundred percent accurate in what I dictate.
No I have no affiliation with this company.
I totally wrote this post to this form with this software.
I bought my copy of Dragon natural speech to text home edition from Amazon.
I paid about $50 with shipping and tax included.
So if you're not a very good typist this may be your answer.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I've got the app on my I-Phone, and it works great. And I don't remember, but it was either free or just a couple of bucks. But yea, it does work great!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a PC laptop, a couple of tablets (one iPad 3 and several Android) and a desktop PC. What headset do you use and how long did the "training" period last? I tried dictation software years ago and it still had a long ways to go. What about operating systems, have you tried it on machines using Windows 7 and iOs 6? What version of software are you using?

·
Registered
474 Posts
just a question, but I think after reading all inputs it has been answered. Does this app. work with the Mac and Ipad OS?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a desktop PC, I also have a the iPad 3.
I understand there's an app for the iPad 3, I'm planning on downloading it this afternoon.
The PC that the software is installed on is a Windows 7 PC.
I'll let you know when I download the software for the iPad how that works.
This post was written with that software 100%.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If anyone is using windows 7 on your PC there is a program built in Called speech Recognition. So far I find , it works very well. And it is totally free. I typed this using it. Just do a search for speech recognition under help in windows .
Thanks Roxanne

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Rob, I've just used it for texting. On those very rare occasions where I had to text while driving. Which is very easy. Tape your message, and then there's an option to post it to a text, e-mail, message, facebook or twitter. If some words didn't come out right, or it didn't understand it, you can fix it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I don't understand why anyone text while driving. Even with this type software you still have to read what you wrote. I don't see how you can do that an drive.
I lost a son three years ago I wouldn't want to see that happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The program also allows you to do extra features, you can launch Microsoft word.
Save text, do a save as, within Microsoft Word. Send messages to your Facebook account with speech commands. You can email and send emails with voice commands.

·
Registered
Theo
7,161 Posts
OK, I guess that's proof I'm officially old. I look at what I type and correct spelling errors.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is one question that was asked that I didn't answer.
What do you use for microphone?
Headset with microphone built in comes with the package.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Gary, sorry about your son. I've lost one too, he was much older (27), and wasn't to a car accident. But I do understand your concern, and trust me, as a dad and granddad, I don't do it (texting) often, and only under certain circumstances. And if I can, I pull over. I don't even answer my phone if I'm in any traffic, unless its my wife.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I've got the app on my I-Phone, and it works great. And I don't remember, but it was either free or just a couple of bucks. But yea, it does work great!
Lee, there's no need for an app for your I-Phone... it's built in automatically. I have the I-Phone and My husband (who has a Droid) also has it... Look on your keypad where you would type: There is a little microphone to the left of the space bar. Tap it, wait for the tone, and speak. When you're done speaking, tap the "done" button. Same as your app, if there is something wrong with spelling, or it didn't understand you, the word can be tapped and corrected. :)

Barbie

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Barb, that must be a 4S or 5 you have. I have the I-phone 4 and to the left of my space bar is the button to go from letters to numbers.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The program also allows you to do extra features, you can launch Microsoft word.
Save text, do a save as, within Microsoft Word. Send messages to your Facebook account with speech commands. You can email and send emails with voice commands.
You can do the same thing with Speech Recognition that is built into Windows 7.
Just an FYI. I use it every day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Lee, I was just pulling your socks - not being from USA I assumed (perhaps wrongly?) that "N'awlins" is a distorted phonetic of "New Orleans", and if so, would your program 'understand' you - but just having fun! Rob

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use the Dragon Dictation App on my ipad. It is a free app and works well enough for me to use it when writing ebooks.

Pros: It is free and works well.

Con: It requires a wifi connection to work.

Bill

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Barb, that must be a 4S or 5 you have. I have the I-phone 4 and to the left of my space bar is the button to go from letters to numbers.
Hmmm my apologies. Yes, I do have the 4s. My kb has 2 buttons: 1 to go from alpha to numerical and between that and my space bar a little microphone. I figured they all would have it as my droid had it as well before I got the 4s. I didn't know what the changes were from 4 to 4s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts