Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Hitachi M12V routers that I am parting out. They were both running until the speed controls crapped out. Both plunge bases & a few other small parts are gone.

I also have a Craftsman 315.17381 router with a defective armature that I am parting out. I paid $15 for it to get the spindle lock ring for my router. The rest of parts are like new.

Private message me to see if any parts you may be interested in are still available. I only ask that whoever asks for parts be willing to reimburse me for shipping from Winnipeg. Paul

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I have one that is still running perfectly Paul. Let me think on what would be good to have for spare parts and I'll get back to you. From there to BC is about as cheap as shipping is going to be up here. Just curious though why you didn't consider trying to bypass the speed controls?

Reactions: roxanne562001

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any articles I found were not very encouraging on the idea of bypassing, resulting in another high speed router. I already have a TR12. Most of the work I do with my other M12Vs leans to needing the speed control for the size bits I use. I was able to locate 2 other M12Vs,one in Colorado & the 2nd here in Winnipeg.I'm getting to the age where I really don't need more routers. The 2 bases went to fellows who had the misfortune of dropping their routers. I really like Hitachi routers. Their big weaknesses are the speed controls & their low resistance to dropping.
Paul

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I agree with you on Hitachi routers. I have the M12V, a 12V2, and a VC fixed base. The M12V2 is one of the best designed table routers there is in my opinion. That's why I don't use the old 12V much anymore. Once I got the V2 the V got retired from table routing.

Reactions: roxanne562001

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paul. I just picked up a used M12v that runs fine. He didn’t have the handles on the sides. By any chance do you have a set, along with the screws? The two black wing nut screws that are associated with the depth gauges are also broken. Any chance you have those? It also didn’t come with any sleeves for 1/4” bits or 3/8” bits? Can you help? Thanks so much. I live in Mississauga Ontario.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Paul. I just picked up a used M12v that runs fine. He didn’t have the handles on the sides. By any chance do you have a set, along with the screws? The two black wing nut screws that are associated with the depth gauges are also broken. Any chance you have those? It also didn’t come with any sleeves for 1/4” bits or 3/8” bits? Can you help? Thanks so much. I live in Mississauga Ontario.
The M12V did come with a 1/4" reducer but didn't come with a 3/8" one. You can get one from Lee Valley as well as either Rockler or MCLS. The only factory collet I've ever seen is the 1/2" one it comes with. If Paul doesn't still have the wing screws I can measure mine for diameter and thread pitch and you should be able to find some like it on ebay.

Reactions: hitch9

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hitch, I tried sending you a reply to your private message, but I may not have done it correctly. If you did not get that reply, Let me know & I'll try again. Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts