Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First posting on this site so, firstly, let me apologise if I am asking in the wrong place! I own a (pre-2000) Hitachi M12V router (not the M12V2 or VC or VS) which I am planning to use in my WoodRat WR900 as, although old, it is still in perfect condition.
My question, which I am hoping someone may be able to answer, is if anyone has successfully managed to fit either a Muscle Chuck or Eliminator chuck to this specific model of router? I have not had my hands on either chuck and cannot find any detailed installation online. Looking at the existing M12V chuck/collet I am wondering - do you have to remove the entire chuck/collet from the threaded shaft on the armature to replace with the Muscle Chuck? Seems a bit drastic but, if that's what it takes!
Forgot to add, am in the UK so, obviously, my M12V is the UK model.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
How long do you think that Allen set screw will hold up b4 it strips out the Allen pocket,,they are not made to taken in and out all the time,,the norm is one or two times.

==

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
According to the parts list the collet for the m12v and m12vc are different, so I am guessing No. But if anyone can tell you, should be WoodRat!

Contact Us -WoodRat

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

" Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, doesn't answer my question.

Does anyone know if this is possible?"

But if you can find one that will fit the Fac.chuck must come 1st.
I didn't know the (Muscle Chuck/Eliminator ) collet chucks would fit the Hitachi,and Duane is right not the same type on both Hitachi ,like day and night, one is male and one is female..that may be why they don't list them..

WoodRat Europe and Worldwide Sales: Muscle Chuck
WoodRat Europe and Worldwide Sales: Type 2 Muscle Chuck

Woodworking Accessories - Eliminator Quick Chuck

http://www.routerforums.com/general-routing/30333-muscle-chuck.html

==

1 - 6 of 6 Posts