Router Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the springs, cleaned the tubes and lubricated them a bit, but my M12v doesn't slide up and down when held by the plate like Bob's does on the show. One thing I noticed is that the tubes that end into the base of the router butt up against my base plate and seem to need some way for the air to escape/breathe. I drilled some holes through the plate and that seems to help. Is this what Bob did with his baseplate also? Just curious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an M12v in a table. It's been there 4 years. I keep the plunge bars very clean, wiping down with a solvent and sparingly, very sparingly, applying a dry lube. I do this maintenance monthly. I've never experienced the problem you describe.

I do not see how air flow in and out of the plunge bars could be a factor as the bar housings are not sealed, which is the reason they and the bars need periodic cleaning.

I'd break it down and closely inspect the plunge bars for any wear marks. If none, clean with a solvent, lube it lightly and reassemble. If there is still a problem take it to a Hitachi repair station.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts