Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a warp 9 smooth stepper ethernet connection. I have power and solid upper green light and flashing lower green on controller .
In ports in pins engine config what values are used for step pin # and dir pin # .Can someone explain what a step pin # and dir pin # is
Next is input signal same question and same for outpit signals?
Cant get any movement

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
You posted earlier asking for help with Mach4 setup and now Mach3 - do you have two machines? How to configure mach 4

I have Mach4 and ESS, I might be able to get some screenshots for you today for these screens above.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have Mach3 and ESS and have been running this setup for 3 yrs with no problems. Did you wire your motors, and are they wired correctly? What's the size of your machine? I could send you my XML file for Mach3 that's all set up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forums
just to check you have ESS connected to BoB connected to gecko or other motor driver then connected to stepper.
the step, direction and ground pins from the BoB are connected to the step direction and ground pins on the motor driver for each motor
you have 24 volt or other power for the motor drivers and the grounds all connected together including the ESS ground.
If this is wired and checked then when you turn on the power to the system you should get a bump and the steppers will engage and hold positions if all of this is happening and you
have verified the BoB wiring for the same step and direction pins in the Mach 3 ports and pins then you will need to try changing the step and directions one at a time and see if you get movement.
I use the tab key and bring up the software manual controller to test movement.
If you get strange noises when you try to move the motors then you need to change the motor tuning.
hope this helps sometimes floating grounds can be a problem
Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts