Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chinese 6040 with Mach 3 to control it. generally, I have had little trouble with it, but lately, it has been giving me trouble by not starting the spindle. last time it broke a bit when I was not watching as I started the cut. I fiddled with it and got the spindle running (I actually have no idea what fixed the problem) but the next time I started the computer the spindle would not spin up even when pushing the spindle switch on the Mach 3 screen. I have changed nothing in the Mach 3 setup and have no idea why it is misbehaving. I checked the wiring and the electrical output from the controller and there is no problem with electrical connections. No electricity is present at the controller when a manually start the spindle in Mach 3. so I believe that Mach 3 is where the problem is. This is a USB connection from the computer to the controller.

I am baffled and having trouble understanding what should be a simple problem. What is necessary to ensure that the spindle turns on when you click the switch in Mach 3?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
19,388 Posts
G'day Lev, welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
Mike
3,867 Posts
Sounds like you have a loose wire, bad connection, or a dirty/sticking/bad switch. Could also be in the control board but I'd look for loose wires and bad connections first.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had a CNC 6040 with power supply problem to the spindle. I stripped back the wire insulation and found a broken wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts