Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a used cnc router that i know nothing about. firs one i have seen not on you tube. any way have hours watching videos and they seem to
skip some things that they must assume i would know. the machine has mach 3 and 4 on it. v carve pro also. when in mach 3 videos say to jog machine
to various locations to set offset starting point. do you have to select jog on? my emergency light is flashing and wont reset. went to diagnostic tab and under input's
emergency is flashing. not being able to move any axis i set soft limits large so machine doesn't think its beyond them. I don't know where to start.
i called art soft and opened a account. Tried help from there tech, only got suggestion to license the program myself. That is fine but i still will have the same problem.

·
Registered
158 Posts
your emergency stop (e-stop) button may be pushed in. try rotating it to see if it will pop out. that may get rid of that ...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Did you click the Reset button? If you don't get it out of reset, nothing else is going to work. You need to figure that out first before messing with anything else.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you click the Reset button? If you don't get it out of reset, nothing else is going to work. You need to figure that out first before messing with anything else.
the machine doesent have a emergency stop switch. the company that moved it to storage disconnected some wiring.
i know i need one, will figure out where to connect to circuit board.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the machine doesent have a emergency stop switch. the company that moved it to storage disconnected some wiring.
i know i need one, will figure out where to connect to circuit board.

I believe Mach requires an input for the estop in order to reset. If you don't have an estop you can short out the pins on your breakout board, but you will have to identify in the settings which pin is associated with the estop.

It may be good to identify your breakout board manufacturer and read up on a guide of setting up Mach3. Also keep in mind, Mach3 is littered with bugs and is not supported with updates anymore. Some find it stable but others have problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts