Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CNC Community,

I believe I’ve been successful in getting my parallel port communication working. I can go to the Diagnostics section in Mach3 and depress each of the switches and Mach3 shows which one is being detected.

Problem: I am unable to get any of the servo motors to move. I’ve tried the jog application and although I can see the software jogging, the servos have no movement. This leads me to believe I might have a pin mapping problem. The manufacturer for this unit does not publish any pin mapping documentation on their support site. Can anyone give me any hints on how to identify what pins control my X,Y,Z steppers?

Font Line Pattern Rectangle Number

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Font Line Pattern Rectangle Parallel

Font Material property Pattern Screenshot Parallel

Mesh Font Art Net Pattern

Computer Personal computer Font Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
376 Posts
Your second picture shows how you have configured which pins to which function. But there needs to be a physical wire that connects that pin to the corresponding pin of your servo drivers. How are the drivers actually wired? Does it match the way you configured mach?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The “step” pin pulses once for each step. The “dir” pin determines direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) the stepper turns. You need both for each axis. These are the input signals to the stepper drivers. The signals get amplified by the drivers which turn the steppers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
The “step” pin pulses once for each step. The “dir” pin determines direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) the stepper turns. You need both for each axis. These are the input signals to the stepper drivers. The signals get amplified by the drivers which turn the steppers.
Inside the box where the controller is I see there are 4 drivers: X, Y, Z and A. I used a DMM in continuity mode to find the mapping to 2 pins on the parallel port. I'm not sure what they both do(I'm guessing one is 'pulse' and the other is for the 'direction'.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Number

Should it look like this assuming pin 1 on the driver is the pulse and pin 2 on the driver is the direction?

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts