Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a router trammel for a current project. I had made some router skiis using Harry's plans. I attached a wood block to a router ski and drilled a hole in the block for the pivot pin. I used threaded rods for my skiis which made it easy to adjust the trammel to exact length. Because of the rod slots in the ski the router base thickness is infinitely adjustable. Took me a couple of minutes to attach the wood block. Worked perfectly. Thank You again, Harry.

·
Registered
Rick
17,588 Posts
I needed a router trammel for a current project. I had made some router skiis using Harry's plans. I attached a wood block to a router ski and drilled a hole in the block for the pivot pin. I used threaded rods for my skiis which made it easy to adjust the trammel to exact length. Because of the rod slots in the ski the router base thickness is infinitely adjustable. Took me a couple of minutes to attach the wood block. Worked perfectly. Thank You again, Harry.
For some reason the pictures are not showing :grin:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures. I used the ski prototype for the trammel. The finished skiis wanted to be in the picture too. I used the trammel to route the slot in the auxilliary drill press table. The slot allows the fence to pivot.....got the plans from WoodSmith magazine. I searched for trammel plans. I saw one that used a block of wood for the pivot. The block was drilled to accept the rods. With the router skii I already had the pivot....just needed to add a piece of wood for the pivot pin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
Jim, that really is thinking outside the box, even I had never thought of such a modification. I'm going to have to watch you closely or you're likely to take over from ME!!
Exceptionally well made, my only other comment is that bright mild steel is more elegant than allthread. (I couldn't give you 10/10 on principle)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim, that really is thinking outside the box, even I had never thought of such a modification. I'm going to have to watch you closely or you're likely to take over from ME!!
Exceptionally well made, my only other comment is that bright mild steel is more elegant than allthread. (I couldn't give you 10/10 on principle)
Hi Harry,
Don't worry I couldn't come close to your skill level.
I had watched how you had done the bright mild steel but I don't have the tools to do that so I settled for the threaded rod. As I continued to think about it, being able to adjust the rods up or down in the ski slots would allow the trammel point and router to operate on different planes. Routing that curved slot on my auxiliary drill press table was very easy to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.