Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some magazine racks that I've been making for craft sales and farmers markets here. Pine with 'glue-n-screw' joinery.

Stock is cut to length and templates are used to route the ends, Hearts, slots and dragonfly's and are cut using a spiral up-cut bit with a PC 890 plunge router. (Down cut would work a lot nicer to clear chips -- but haven't found one locally).

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Wow Stan very nice I've been looking for a plan or a picture for a magazine rack that I could put next to my comfy chair in the living room. So I can hold all my woodworking magazines in and here you are giving me the plan Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I like them!

Didn't you ask for a dragonfly pattern many moons ago???? Looks like you found one.... are you willing to share the design????

Makes me feel like doing so craft items again! Great job.

Ed

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reible said:
I like them!

Didn't you ask for a dragonfly pattern many moons ago???? Looks like you found one.... are you willing to share the design????

Makes me feel like doing so craft items again! Great job.

Ed
You have a good memory Ed.... :)

I just 'googled' dragonfly and found one that gave me the general shape. Used carbon paper to outline the shape on some MDF to make the router template. Not all that detailed -- but most people can correctly identify it. ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was doing 4 farmers markets a week -- and whatever craft shows I could find. Just recently started a new job so I'm down to one farmers market and any craft shows that are on weekends.

So far as explaining things, more than happy to do so. I learned a lot from hearing/reading others explanations on how they did things... so hopefully someone can gather tidbits of info from my posts. (Although I still have a 'lot' of learning to do myself).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.