Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experience using the Magswitch feather boards. I am seeing mixed opinions as to how well they work on a waxed cast iron surface. I hate to spend the money only to find out they aren't worth it. But I am thinking that adding some feather boards is a good idea for overall safety.

Thanks....Gary

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
never heard of them not working on a waxed table...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I run a Uni-saw which is routinely waxed with Johnson's Paste Wax to prevent rust. Have a pair of the Mag Switch feather boards for it. Been utilizing the Mag Switch feather boards for about 5 years now.

Have not experienced any problem with the wax preventing the feather boards from attaining a solid grip of the cast iron table as the magnets are very powerful.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have only had the MagSwitch for a short time, no problem sticking solidly to my waxed Unisaw table. I like it so much that I went out and bought the accessory fence for resawing on my bandsaw, but haven't used it yet.

Tom

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've had one for about a year and love it. No problems on a waxed steel surface. It's my go-to feather board on the table saw. If it disappeared tomorrow, I'd buy another one.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have used mine everyday since I got it about 3 years ago. It was a Christmas gift that was very welcome and is use EVERY time I make a rip cut. So quick and easy to place. Wouldn't want to be with out it.

Reactions: gjackson52
1 - 11 of 11 Posts