Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my own 1/4" dovetail or box joint template. My 12" Porter-Cable dovetail machine, model 4112, came with only a 1/2" template. The 1/4" is no longer offered.

May I substitute another brand? Or may I make one out of baltic birch or mdf? Suggestions?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI Solt

Making one is a real pain and very tricky ,,you can get other ones that will fit once you drill the holes out to fit your brackets,,WoodStock makes them you can get them from Grizzly/MLCS and others.

===

I want to make my own 1/4" dovetail or box joint template. My 12" Porter-Cable dovetail machine, model 4112, came with only a 1/2" template. The 1/4" is no longer offered.

May I substitute another brand? Or may I make one out of baltic birch or mdf? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
HI Solt

Making one is a real pain and very tricky ,,you can get other ones that will fit once you drill the holes out to fit your brackets,,WoodStock makes them you can get them from Grizzly/MLCS and others.

===
Just a thought, couldn't you make one using the OP box joint setup ?
Timewise, though, I'd agree buying one in makes more sense.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Dave, and welcome to the RouterForums. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a great reply! Thanks for the link. I have used their Contact Us feature to check if their jig iwll work. I mentioned a willingness to drill and modify to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts