Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enclosed below is a blank Mayan calendar for you to add your own patterns to create your unique themed piece of art. Hopefully a bit of fun.

Dishware Automotive tire Serveware Font Plate

Here is mine after I threw the kitchen sink at it. Calling it Totem themed.

Artifact Art Font Circle Pattern

Carved it for the heck of it. 8" x8" in poplar in draft mode since only a test on how it looks.

Architecture Font Wood Artifact Art

Share pics if anyone takes a swing at it. :)

R/
Oscar

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

Thanks. The idea was just for some fun, especially with kids or grandkids.

Font Art Artifact Circle Pattern

Hope you are staying cool. I tried to do some woodworking in my un-insulated garage but the heat (mostly humidity) beat me.

Regards,
O

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Hope you are staying cool.
75° in the shop right now. The big factor is that it's 35% RH so it feels very nice. A friend came over and thought it was below 70° and said he got a chill because I have a fan going, as well. Best money we've spent is to insulate and add the mini-split unit.

Give me a holler next time you're in town and I'll give you the nickel tour. The shop isn't big enough for a dime tour. ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@David, that is so cool. literally.

In my garage/shop its 96F with RH of 48% and it only feels like 106F. After wiping the sweat from the lumber I was cutting for the tenth time I quit. Batching out some Native American flutes. I bounced mine off some concrete and cracked it. So only have my rejects left. All my good ones were given away as gifts. So need to make some more.

And I would love to see your shop at some point. Especially how you have your cnc set up. I finally put my new axiom iconic 6 together (minus the laser module). I just ordered dust hose that will fit the shoe.

@GerryAttrick, I love the name. Thank you for the resource. I'll have to try it one of these days. I normally use Blender3d for that function but the more tools you have the better.

Also I hope the pattern is a fun project for you. Share pics if you ever make something with it. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.