Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make some Trivets for christmas gifts. As I am new to the router and only understand basic principles, I am looking for a couple of tips.

1. I want to round the edges but the material will be too thin for the bearing to have anything to ride on. I have come up with putting a guide board below it and running along it. Is this the easiest (sp?) way?

2. When I cut the parrallel grooves should I just clamp a straight edge and move for each line?

Also, anybody have unusual designs for trivets. I did a search and came up with very little info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my first one made. This is also my first actual use of the router, other than just rounding a couple of corners and trying out a couple of bits. (Once I got the proper collet for the thing. I have an HDC trim router.) A long way from perfect, but I enjoyed making it, and may get the e-plans from the Workshop. The circle and spiral grooves would be unique.

I used a straight edge clamped to the workpiece and freehanded the ends. Spacing and uniformity suffered, but looks good enough for a small gift.

I have been unable to locate the rotozip template mentioned after multiple searches with Google and such. Have any links by chance? Or pictures. Maybe I could make one if I knew what it looked like.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.