Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm having a hard time finding a manual for my Makita 3608B router. I searched the forum and didn't see anything and of course I tried googling it. Thanks for any help and I look forward to absorbing as much knowledge here as possible.

Thanks, Ryan78martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
Thanks! I'll give that a try. I'm not doing a repair or anything. I just needed some basic information on it before I start tearing wood up, this seems like a good option
Ryan - welcome to the forum.
tell us a little about your background, hobbies, projects, etc and what experience you have with a router.
Edit: some photos of what you actually have may also help with your 2nd post.

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'm a welder/fabricator by trade and up till about two years ago it's been my preferred medium for art. I have always collected vintage tools and have emassed a good amount of wood working tools. 2yrs ago I started working with wood, nothing too big, pyrography, carving, etc.

I've been wanting to try my hand at making my own picture frames and shadow boxes so I picked up the router I'm looking for the manual for. I've never used a router. I got a few boxes of assorted cutters and I plan on using the knowledge here you hopefully do what I envision correctly and safely.

Thanks for any future help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, here are some pictures of the router in question. Any tips, tricks, or warnings are appreciated. Again I'm a COMPLETE novice when it comes to routing. I have a good mechanical knowledge in general though. Thanks for any help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.