Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bosch precision fence, in the unreasonable and totally irrational belief that it would fit my Bosch router - it didn’t, it seems the Bosch people think that those of us who buy their hobby-level routers don’t need much precision. They might be right.
So, I bought the Makita precision fence, which comes with 10mm rods, but with some old 8mm rods it fits my Bosch, Makita RTO 700 and even my elderly pensioned-off Elu, and probably a few more that I will find again some day...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Electrical wiring Gas
Saw Wood Tool Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bosch accepts 10mm rods only, and the spacing between them is different, wider than routers that accept 8 mm. I suspect it’s for their routers intended for professional users. I can’t show you because I’ve returned it. The ‘precision’ adjustment mechanism is probably of a little better quality in the Bosch, I was disappointed that I couldn’t keep it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Confusing to me except Bosch does have routers used in machines that aren't regular routers

I haveca Bosch router tgat looks like a 1604, bUT ba rely wit's in a 1604 base. I suspect it came oUT or a double demountable hinge machine....
Hat Font Gas Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confusing to me except Bosch does have routers used in machines that aren't regular routers

I haveca Bosch router tgat looks like a 1604, bUT ba rely wit's in a 1604 base. I suspect it came oUT or a double demountable hinge machine....
It seems to me that Bosch USA and Bosch in Europe are very different and they market things differently. For instance, I tried to get a Bosch inlay kit from a local Bosch power tool dealer. He laughed at me, said the part number I had wasn‘t even a Bosch number. I got one from the US, a friend sent it to me, and I took it in to the dealer, to shove it up his ass, metaphorically 😀. He was completely flabbergasted, he had never seen or heard of the kit and the numbers meant nothing to him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems to me that Bosch USA and Bosch in Europe are very different and they market things differently. For instance, I tried to get a Bosch inlay kit from a local Bosch power tool dealer. He laughed at me, said the part number I had wasn‘t even a Bosch number. I got one from the US, a friend sent it to me, and I took it in to the dealer, to shove it up his ass, metaphorically 😀. He was completely flabbergasted, he had never seen or heard of the kit and the numbers meant nothing to him.
ebay & amazon have about anything you will need

·
Registered
329 Posts
I purchased the Bosch (RA1054) base. It was on sale. I had already made a precision fit edge guide, AKA- Pat Warner style. I wanted options. What I found out was that the rods are much smaller than the holes in the router base.

I called Bosch CS to inquire about how sloppy the rods fit. I was told that their edge guides were able to fit into other manufactures bases. Therefore making it a universal edge guide. That was OK, but I wish that I knew that before I had purchased it. I bought a BOSCH guide, to fit a BOSCH router.

It does work... Once you lock the screws down. It is just a little too sloppy for my preference.The precision fit drill rod that I purchased to fit the Bosch router bases, that I fabricated will not fit into the edge guide. The edge guide would have to be modified to accept them. I am not interested in doing that.

I will use the guide to attach to a custom router fence on one of my trim router tables, one day. Not a total loss.

Ellery Becnel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts