Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I did to improve my router for making signs. The cost was very little. I already had everything I needed. The router motor doesn't go all the way down so I didn't have to worry about the motor hitting any thing. I used 1/4 X 20 all thread to mount the handles. Using a 13/64 drill bit I drilled a hole on each side of the router base and tapped them with a 1/4 X 20 tap. Be fore cutting the all thread to length I put a nut on one end then clamped it up so I could bend it. Leaving the all thread long made it easy to bend. I then cut them to length. I made my handles out of some cork stoppers I had left over from making piggy banks for Christmas presents. There is a lot of ways to make your handles for free just think about it. I glued the handles on with Gorilla glue and let it set over night. This mourning I put a nut on the all thread then put some lock tight on the threads and mounted the handles. Be sure not to over tighten the nut against the cast housing it might crack it. There is nothing about these handles that need to be super strong. There isn't much strain on them. I hope this might help someone with some ideas on modifying their router.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good thinking!

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mods done right.....for the right reason....with items on hand.....just make good sense to me!!!

Great mod Don!!! I'm gonna look into maybe doing that to my Ridgid palm router.

Reactions: BobbyLee
1 - 4 of 4 Posts