Registered
786 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
John
6,914 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forums.
This is a older router. ( someone here says that they quite making this router in 1985) The link here is from the router forum about this router.
http://www.routerforums.com/makita-... a good deal, sound like it was a good router

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
By the look of the box, it is not brand new.....Makita stopped making this model years ago.

I have one, and find it useful for a fixed speed router.

·
Registered
46 Posts
An older style router, but I have had one for many years without a problem. I got min along with a Triton table at a garage sale for a BARGAIN price, so I don't know how much they are worth now, but it is a great router. One speed only, but still good for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The box is kind of beat up but actually everything is still sealed inside, which I was surprised. It appears to be a 240v, the plug is different. I have no idea about these. I have no way of using it because of the plug, I'm just looking to sell it

·
Registered
10 Posts
The box is kind of beat up but actually everything is still sealed inside, which I was surprised. It appears to be a 240v, the plug is different. I have no idea about these. I have no way of using it because of the plug, I'm just looking to sell it
Could be made for the European market, which would explain the plug difference. I think that is why the box has all the different languages. It would also explain why it was never used. I think you could use it here, if you just spliced a plug on it. It might shorten the life of it slightly, but otherwise it is a paper weight.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be made for the European market, which would explain the plug difference. I think that is why the box has all the different languages. It would also explain why it was never used. I think you could use it here, if you just spliced a plug on it. It might shorten the life of it slightly, but otherwise it is a paper weight.
That is what I was thinking, at least it was a very inexpensive paperweight...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts