Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
better than great...

I just run the kids over to the book swap shop..

I'm sitting in lot waiting on the kids...
the car over to me door opens and somebody starts to set out their trash...
assorted take out drink cups, 2 bags of something, a couple of ice tea bottles, fast food cardboard tray, dumped ash tray, food wrappers, french fries and an ice cream cone...

I started to get out of my truck when this kid walks up and as quick as can be starts to pop open the containers and bags and pour the contents and containers into the car through it's open window...

the kid told the people in the car to do that shid at home and not here and walks off..

way to go kid...

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Awesome ! Those people are the scum of the earth and deserve everything they get .
Wish you had it recorded

Btw great thinking on the kids part

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hahahaha!!! I love it!! Had a guy I work with do something similar years back. He was on his m/c, and looked like the typical biker at the time. Spotted someone toss trash out the window. Idled up next to them (they were stopped at a light) and reached down and picked it up and tossed it back inside with a "I think you dropped this" to them. I was behind him when he did this so couldn't hear what was said. Asked him the next day and lmao!! when he told me what he said.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I hope you gave the kid a high five. Or at least a thumbs up.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Perfect response. Someone posted on Facebook that the car in front of them threw a heavily loaded diaper out the car window while driving. What is wrong with these people?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Mike, it is not just what is wrong with these people it is what is wrong with our society today. There so little respect for anything. Not of others, not of our environment, our country or anything else. So many people have no sense of pride in anything including themselves. I'm 75 years old and looking back at the deterioration of our world today causes me to cringe at the thought of what's to come in the next 50 to 100 years. Very sad.

Reactions: RStaron

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Wow. Gutsy kid! Good job! Makes me sick when people do that; pure laziness. I want to ask them if they do that in their home, too, or tell them if that's how they do things, I'd hate to see their house and yard...

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Way to go....I like it..

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Shop Guy, the way things look, we might not be around in 50-100 years.
WTG, kid! Glad someone had the cojones to do something like he did!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
We live 1/2 way along a 4/10 mile dead end street. Some of out neighbors don't cover their trash barrels, some don't secure them. We have coyote, fox, coon, skunk, opossum and some damn smart crows. Most put their barrels out the night before a couple always wake up to trash scattered around the barrels and crows pulling crap out of the barrels.

What makes it worse is they rarely put any effort into picking it up before they leave and the collectors won't touch it if it isn't in the container. So it blows around the neighborhood and the wind always seems to blow from all directions into our yd. and in the wooded area across the street. Wifey and I pick the crap up from our yard and across the street; eventually our abutter neighbors began doing it, no one else though.

We've been here 34 yrs, less than a yr here it was obvious feral and domestic dogs and cats were getting into the trash, not so much domestic anymore. I've been putting our trash out before I leave in the morning for 33 yrs. Now all I have to do is catch the f*** who occasionally runs over peoples barrels.

On a lighter note when I was a kid there were a number of homeless individuals between Falmouth and Bourne. I saw them all over town and often walking the highway between towns carrying large bags, I thought they were their possessions. When I rode with others, older friends with cars even uncles they were always throwing their empty bottles and cans along the side of the road ensuring they landed off the pavement. I learned it was ritual for the homeless they tossed the bottles and cans where they knew they'd be walking. Today the homeless in the area are proactive and head south as the temp drops and it shows, you can find the local sheriff's paddy wagon and orange jumpsuits along the highways now picking up the bottles.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I see that here, people throwing their garbage on the road, I can't say what I think about hit here as that would break the forums rules. N

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Seems like it's a worldwide thing then. We have it here. We were given 3 bins (to sort our rubbish for recycling) and as the front gardens (front yards) are only small, most bins are on the pavement. Despite all these readily available bins, our garden is still a collecting point to rubbish dropped on the street and blown in. Still the gutters are filled with discarded beer cans, paper and sweet wrappers. Society must have given up teaching basic manners and behaviour.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the parents did...
anybody that lives here is good about it...
that car was from Georgia...
there was a road side trash can 50' from the car...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
And then you get the morons who come past late at night and dump there prawn shells and dirty nappies. The truck comes at about 6am so bins put out night before. The bins are covered in maggots. Love to catch those responsible.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Not sure if this is correct or not but my mother (who is almost 90) has been saying for years the downfall started right after WW2 when the women did not get out of the workforce after the men came home. As I said it is her words.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
......when the women did not get out of the workforce after the men came home.......
They did in the UK and resented it, all jobs opened up for the military coming home.

Different times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts