Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your anywhere near Orlando I have a new CNC machine, planer, sander, dust reduction, drill. You name it and I probably have it. My husband owned Central Florida Billiards and passed away so all his tools of trade need to be sold. Let me know if interested. Can send pictures and pricing.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Is there anyone here who lives near there who can help put values on the tools for her? The NCWoodworkers have set up to send a team to help do this for any member or their family after they can no longer do it for themselves. Maybe a couple of members here could meet and do this for her. I'm too far away, but would help if I could.

Charley

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
This is a heads up for many of us. I've held on to all the receipts for my tools, but they're on that heat sensitive receipt paper that fades over time. Need to do an inventory, preferably on video, same as for insurance. But it's unfair to leave that task to a spouse in a time of stress.

I'm on the wrong coast, but think it's a great idea to develop a small "hit" team to help members spouses correctly value the tools.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
According to an email from Penny, Here is some of the machinery. Make sure you reply to her in the first post if you are interested.

Quad Turning CNC (24x55)
RAGE CNC 24 x 55 package

$8500
This machine is less than a month old
Only used about 10 hours total
Asking $8500 – that’s 15% off basically a new machine.

FOR SALE – NEW $2700.00
Powermatic 15HH-15S Planer with Byrd Shelix
15HH, 15" Planer, with Byrd SHELIX? Helical Cutterhead

FOR SALE NEW – $900.00

Rikon 10-326 14 Inch 1.75 HP Deluxe Bandsaw

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/rikon-14-deluxe-bandsaw-model-10-326

FOR SALE $1000.00
Bolton metal working lathe
Used appx 1 year

10" x 30" Metal Lathe | BT1030A

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
This is a heads up for many of us. I've held on to all the receipts for my tools, but they're on that heat sensitive receipt paper that fades over time. Need to do an inventory, preferably on video, same as for insurance. But it's unfair to leave that task to a spouse in a time of stress.

I'm on the wrong coast, but think it's a great idea to develop a small "hit" team to help members spouses correctly value the tools.
I think 'teams' in various areas is a great idea. I would be useless on one, because all my stuff is old, and I would not have a clue what things would be worth. However, I do have some old tools, and I mean really old, not just bought 10 or so years ago, and some of them would cost a pretty penny to replace. So I think including someone who would know older tool values could be very handy at time also.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The team approach looks at each tool, take pictures, try to find out what it sold for new and then determine it's present value based on past internet sales of similar tools, it's condition, and the present demand for the tool. Since all of this isn't done in one day, the pictures help to remember the tool and condition, plus they get used by the seller when advertising the tool for sale. The prices are a best attempt to determine a fair market value and not necessarily it's final selling price, which is totally up to the seller.

Charley

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Anyone can do this. It helps to know something about woodworking and woodworking tools, then one team member needs to have a digital camera and know something about taking good pictures and proper lighting. Another team member needs to have good reasonably good writing skills and/or use a computer to record information and picture numbers, then a few to pull out and look over each tool. Some refreshments, folding tables, chairs, power for the computer, maybe lunch, a nice day, etc. is all that is needed. In most cases there won't be enough space inside the workshop, so planning to do this outside next to the shop is the usual requirement. If there is space inside the shop for the team and the work, so much the better. How long it will take will vary considerably, but after all of the tools have been listed and photos taken, the rest is research to find out the latest selling/asking prices of similar tools and a group judgement of the condition of the tools, which does not need to be done at the tool location. Once this has been completed, the list of tools and pictures along with these prices is provided to the tool owner/family member.

Charley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.