Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This end table has an interesting story way to long to express here. Let me just say it was painted off white and on it's way to being painted black. It would I think have been a crime to have left it painted much less adding to it's already sorry state. If you look at the front edge on the lower level you will see where a seam had split and I filled it with a small wedge of maple it's about 1.5" long and 1/16 at the front edge. The finish is Golden Oak two coats, and then gloss urethane. I kinda like the gloss in some applications and this is one of them. I don't remember how many coats, but it was sanded with from 220 grit up to 2000 grit and rubbed between each coat. Anyway I enjoyed doing it and it turned out OK

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
NIce Job xplorx4

You're right that's nice wood and it would be a shame to have it painted..

Is that pocket holes I see to hold the top on ? they do make plugs for the pocket holes but I'm sure you know that.. :) but it still looks great the way it is..

========

This end table has an interesting story way to long to express here. Let me just say it was painted off white and on it's way to being painted black. It would I think have been a crime to have left it painted much less adding to it's already sorry state. If you look at the front edge on the lower level you will see where a seam had split and I filled it with a small wedge of maple it's about 1.5" long and 1/16 at the front edge. The finish is Golden Oak two coats, and then gloss urethane. I kinda like the gloss in some applications and this is one of them. I don't remember how many coats, but it was sanded with from 220 grit up to 2000 grit and rubbed between each coat. Anyway I enjoyed doing it and it turned out OK

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is one sweet table. I love the grain in the maple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts