Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trying to take my love of woodworking "up a notch". Considering the Mark Adams School of Woodworking for the weekend course on building a router table. After that I think I would have a pretty good sense if I am ready to take something more advanced. A year ago I heard Mark Adams at a Woodworking Show and he was good. He taught me a few things about Cabinetmaking.
So,my question to fellow member here on the forum, has anyone taken a class there and what did you thlnk?

Thanks in advance.

Marty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all for the input. I have decided to take one of the classes and will decide which one will be for me in a few days. Its about a
8-9 hr drive for me. But, I have a sister that lives about 2 hours from the school. So, my intention is to stay with my sister both down and on the way back to break up the drive.

Tom, I am a YouTube woodworking video addict. I also have thought about taking Rob Cosman's online courses. But, I am not that into all the hand tool woodworking that he does. But, I would probably do his combination course, machine and hand tool.

What appeals to me about a week long course is that it is "immersion learning". A friend of mine and a excellent furniture maker took a bent wood rocking chair build course and got alot from that. He makes his living doing woodworking.

vance32
Thanks for your input too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.