Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this game, being a retired School Transportation Supervisor that loves to work with metal, I have been watching some woodworking shows, and I think I want to give it a try. Does anyone have any info on the Marvel 3HP variable speed router? Good, bad, or what ever. Also, can I use a plunge router in a table? Also, what bits would get me started? Come in a set? Thank you.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome Mister to the forums. Look through the archives there is a mention of that model router. I believe it wasn't the best of routers doesn't have the power. Dogs down when it is under a load. Yes you can use a plunge router in a table just to be on the safe side when using a router table to use 1/2" shank bits lot stronger then 1/4" shank because with the feeding pressure you can snap them off easier.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mister. Good another retiree. I worked with metal for 30+yrs and now that I'm retired, it's working with wood I enjoy. Don't know about the Marvel, but I would buy a router that takes 1/2" shank bits, and buy only a few bits to get started. Bits do come in sets, but you will end up with some you won't use. Better to but a few as you go along.

Dave
the "Doctor"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts