Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.
A neighbor came to my garage asking me if I can make some small boxes for his balloon business. He wanted to reduce costs using 3mm thick MDF instead of 8mm that he was using. 8mm MDF is scarce and expensive nowadays, as usual with everything here. He will provide the MDF. Equipment and labor will be by myself.
Using an Excel spreadsheet I planned the cuts to get the maximum quantity of boxes from a 1200x2400 sheet of 3mm MDF. Forty-four boxes were estimated.
We agreed on a price for each box without paint. Using my raw material I made two Jigs (or templates?) to assemble nine little boxes at a time and finish the job ASAP.
Working during three evenings I finished the 44 boxes, get and additional income and now, I am waiting for more boxes to make.:smile::smile::smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
Wow, that's quite a production line, Alexis! The assembly jig was a clever idea and a great time saver.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Neat. I need to study those photos some more. I'm thinking I can come up with some ideas to help me glue up multiples.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Alexis.

I trust things are going well for you...

Reactions: papasombre

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
As always it is nice to see your posts Alexis. Love to see the solutions you come up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.