Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going to take a ride next week. We plan to drive from the Houston Texas area to Shreveport, and pick up I 20. Then drive east to Atlanta. Then North to Nashville, up into Indiana, past Detroit to Sarnia Canada. Follow around Lake Heron to the Hearst area, then drop back down around Lake Superior, to Duluth and back to the Milwaukee area. Then down through Illinois to St Louis, to Oklahoma City, Dallas and back to Houston Texas.
My point being, if I am passing anyone of you on the way and would like to visit for a cup of coffee "on you of course" please drop me a response or PM me. WE plan to leave on the 6th of July and maybe be back around the 1st of August there about. No hurry, just a nice leisurely drive.
We can divert from this plan if we have some one to see. The only set in stone part of the trip is a COHO fishing trip on the Lake Michigan out of Racine Wisconsin on the 27th of July.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
David and Sandra
Living the dream

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
David, you know that drive going north of Superior is one LONG drive? One LONG BEAUTIFUL drive that is on my bucket list.

I'm in Windsor,ON, right across the border from Detroit,MI. LMK when you are going to be in the area and maybe I can meet you in the Detroit area somewhere.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Doesn't sound like your in my part of the woods , but if I'm wrong I'll pm you my phone #.
Sounds like your going on a great trip . I'd love to be able to do that ;)

·
Super Moderator
David
3,569 Posts
Hey David - holler when you get to the Shreveport/Bossier City area and maybe we can grab some coffee at Starbucks on Airline Dr. in BC. I'll be in town on the 6th. Quite a coincidence, too, because my wife's name is Sandra (she goes by Sandy). PM sent.

David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David, you know that drive going north of Superior is one LONG drive? One LONG BEAUTIFUL drive that is on my bucket list.

I'm in Windsor,ON, right across the border from Detroit,MI. LMK when you are going to be in the area and maybe I can meet you in the Detroit area somewhere.
Brian, I have a bit of an itinerary and should be in the Detroit area around the 11th of July. I have an old Army buddy to visit in Sarnia. I'll pm you as we get close.
David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't sound like your in my part of the woods , but if I'm wrong I'll pm you my phone #.
You are still on our plan Rick. Not sure if we will be able to do it this year though. I am still collecting jars for you.
If we can make it I will Pm you while on the road.
David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey David - holler when you get to the Shreveport/Bossier City area and maybe we can grab some coffee at Starbucks on Airline Dr. in BC. I'll be in town on the 6th. Quite a coincidence, too, because my wife's name is Sandra (she goes by Sandy). PM sent.

David
I already added you to our list of visits. We are planning to leave here around 0300, just to beat the Houston Traffic, and it is 260 miles to Shreveport, should put us in there around 8 or 9 am. Is that too early for you? We will probably grab some Breakfast there. is there a Denny's or something near by? PM sent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck on your trip David. I envy you. I'm getting antsy for a trip. In the meantime I'll hold down the fort here in the Houston/Katy area.
Rube

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What route do you have planned through Illinois? The North-South Interstates all run through or around the Chicago area, but if you have a route planned on the Mississippi river side, toward St. Louis, please et me know. I must warn you I live alone (aside from the last of the three dogs in my avatar) in a wheelchair-based home in a rural-like setting. While I can certainly make coffee there are no "interesting" places to eat and my cooking repertoire is microwave based. If the Spoon River Anthologies is a book with which you have some familiarity I am very close to the Spoon River.
Also, about 50 mile North of me is the home of Carl Sandburg and 50 miles SW is the home of Mark Twain. There are also historical sites related to the westward migration and temporary settlement of the Mormons. A major new Mormon Tabernacle is directly west of me right on the Mississippi River.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Dang David. You don't have to drive all over the country just to come visit me and my cabinet installer! We are just down the road on the east side of Houston in Channelview! :surprise::grin:
Mike

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
David,

I think you should plan an extra week or so for all of this!!

HJ

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Don. Maybe we can get together when we get back. If you are ever in the Lake Jackson area, give us a shout.
I see that you have not filled out your new guy information. That would be helpful to see if we have over lapping interest and to possibly help if you have questions or suggestions.
David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just noticed that when you were talking about your latest trip to Oklahoma I believe it was. We are practically neighbors. I am in the Lake Jackson area. We will have to get together once we get back home.
David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WE have no real plans after our fishing trip in Wisconsin. We plan to visit my Step Mom and family in the Round Lake area of Illinois, then head down towards St Louis. Maybe we can get together for that cup of coffee. PM me if you like so we can get some details.
David

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
He's just a few thousand kilometres toward the wrong end of the country Rick. Still some nice scenery that way.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Good luck, David. I hope you enjoy your trip. Keep us posted on your whereabouts.

We are leaving Tuesday and traveling to Bristow, Oklahoma. Our grand daughter is getting married next Saturday. Feeling proud on this end.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck, David. I hope you enjoy your trip. Keep us posted on your whereabouts.

We are leaving Tuesday and traveling to Bristow, Oklahoma. Our grand daughter is getting married next Saturday. Feeling proud on this end.
You too, be careful out there. Is this the same guy that just graduated? Maybe you should, have gotten all of this done in one trip?
David

1 - 20 of 20 Posts