Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I for one would be delighted to see projects made by members. Unusual items that generate ideas for fun projects or finishing techniques to get an out of the ordinary look would be great. Kids furniture is always a popular item with woodworkers, so I am submitting a photo of a potty chair I made.(Actually 3)
I found a stainless steel bowl at my local dollar store and to attach it to the seat bottom I cut 2 cleats and rabbited the top edges so the bowl lip was held snug to the seat bottom, yet able to slide out for disposal. Please post photo's of any fun projects you have built.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Projects

Mike,
I don't have pictures of a couple projects, one I did was a kitty litter box for a 18 wheeler so the driver could take his cat with him cross country. Another was for a very big stuffed DiamondBack snake. Real long box with a thin long glass door. Those where real projects I received payment for. The table that appears with my name is one I did for My show room.

Hope your idea takes hold.

Jim

·
Banned
666 Posts
Nice Mike
This is a typical example of what can be done with the use of the template guides especially when you made three of them. Female templates could have been used and the various parts could be routed safer and quicker. Here is a suggestion Like the shild I made and posted on another forum page was completed with the router and no other tools maybe we should look for other items that could be produced with the router as the main tool used from start to finish. I have enclosed a pic of a simple box that was completed with the router as the main tool. Sorry I will have to post a second message as there is no facilities here for posting pics
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.