Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the fortunate few who had a mother in law that was the total opposite of the usual jokes. She was a lovely woman and my best friend. After her death, her cremains were in a sealed plastic container from the mortuary and she watched over us from a shelf for many years.

I have been thinking that she deserved a nice box and was considering making one when I found a mechanical clock that no longer worked but had a case that seemed like an ideal size. When I removed the old clock movement I had just enough room to fit her cremains inside.

I designed a clock face she would have liked and included one of her philosophies about making time for others. The face was glued to 1/4" mdf and a battery operated movement added.

The result is that she'll always be with us and have time for us — just like she she did in life.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Superb as usual, Olliver!
I've never seen that spelling of "Majorie" before(?); is it English as in from England?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Outstanding ,Oliver. What a great thought,and project. I can visualize many variations of this. One of my boxes was dedicated to this use many years ago, but this is quite a bit more elegant.

Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Major finest kind Oliver...

·
Registered
901 Posts
What a beautiful and timeless tribute! I share your good fortune to have a Mother-in-Law who is a delightful person and a pleasure to be around. Still, after she has lived in my home for 2 years now.

You have an artistic gift for thinking outside the box. I, too am in awe of your creativity.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
Oliver
I want to thank you for delivering greats idea to the forum, as usual another fine product
GREAT IDEA.

Reactions: schnewj and ksidwy

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Beautiful....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
She would be even more proud of you Oliver and I'm sure she already was.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Very original.

HJ

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Beautiful project Oliver. A great use for the old clock case with such a wonderful sentiment.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Brilliant idea.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The clock job is silver but the respect and love shown in these words to his mother in law is gold! Congrats Oliver!!!!
Sid.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oliver, what a tribute. My mother-in-law was a wonderful woman. Lived to be 100 yrs, 2 mos, 14 days! You've inspired me to create some such tribute to her. She had 9 kids -8 survived to adulthood. Had eight boys and one girl, and I got the only girl 49 yrs ago come Dec. 18. She inherited her mothers qualities - all good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts