Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but not woodworking. My grandfather taught me the basics when I was 9, and most everything else is self-taught.

Recently, LOML asked me to renovate our kitchen. It took a year, but it's now done. Of course, now I've been asked to renovate the master bath, with new cabinets.

First task: build a newer table router with a lift. That mission is complete, so now I'm starting to build the first cabinets.

Any Memphians around? It would be nice to get some local hands on assistance every so often.

Thanks.

Howard

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hello Howard, Welcome to the forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Howard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Behind Sam's at wolfchase is a REAL woodworking shop. A group gathers there for coffee and I am sure someone there can help. They have been great help when i have had questions, and sell great quality tools, wood, and give away the most important item, Information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome Howard. Not a native but I live in Memphis. The Wood work shop, In Barttlet sat 10:30 am and Mondays 6pm has a great group of people meeting for wood working classes. Hope to see you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Behind Sam's at wolfchase is a REAL woodworking shop. A group gathers there for coffee and I am sure someone there can help. They have been great help when i have had questions, and sell great quality tools, wood, and give away the most important item, Information.
Lymer,

Is that the store in Bartlett?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Howard. Not a native but I live in Memphis. The Wood work shop, In Barttlet sat 10:30 am and Mondays 6pm has a great group of people meeting for wood working classes. Hope to see you.
Hi Erwin,

Yes, I've searched the internet and found the Woodwork shop. I will try to attend one of the meetings soon.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woodworking bug

Hello, Howard.

Looks like the woodworking bug attacked to you.

Enjoy it.
Thank you, papasombre!

Yes, the woodworking bug attacked me over 40 yeras ago, but it has really injected it's venom as of late. I've built a new router table, purchased over $300 in bits, and am now in the process of building both a table saw and a router sled. Unfortunately, working full time doesn't give me many opportunities for things other than family and failth, but I'm managing to fit in some woodworking. :help: Besides, LOML wants a new floor to ceiling cabinet in our master bath! :D

Howard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts