Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi; I'm Thierry from France. I consider I am a beginner in using a router. I have been told about this site from a french one (cyberbricoleur) dedicated to homework, not only woodworking.

I have gone through some topics and I guess that I will find a lot about getting more from my router.

Thanks to eveybody for posting so many tips.
Thierry

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome to the forums Thierry! We would love to learn more about the routers available in your country and how they are used. One important question is what voltage/HZ do they run on? Please extend an invitation to other english speaking members of your forum to join us. We truely are a worldwide site for the exchange of information.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Yeah, what Mike say's. Really, welcome to the routerforums Thierry. Have you tried the woodworkingchannel on the net, yet? Also, another great place to learn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave,
There are brands of american routers that we have not at all in France. For instance Porter-Cable (I think the name is something like that) is not available in our country. Otherwise you can get chinese brands at a very low cost (but the quality of course is low......) or traditional brands like Dewalt (vey rare), Makita, Festool, Pearles, Ryobi, Bosch, Skil,...
Maybe you are not fully aware that the plunge router has been introduced in France for some years only. Previously woodworkers were using fixed routers (we say "toupie" in french), mounted on multipurpose wood machines.
To my knowledge, we have only one magazine talking about routers in France. The name is "Idées défonceuse" (router ideas). Personnaly, as I can read american easily, I do prefer to surf on american sites. I juste discovered this site recently and I spent a part of my sunday going through some topics. It's really great...
Bye for now.
Thierry

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Bonjour Thierry. You really should go to http://thewoodworkingchannel.com
and check them out too. Where in France are you located? I have been to a small town called Rambouillet. Really nice country side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts