Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having difficulty locating Router bits with metric shafts to fit the router on my Summa flatbed F series cutter. Router motor is made by Kress Elektrik GmbH co. in Germany

Does anyone have any suggestions, preferably a Canadian supplier as I'm in Calgary, Alberta

·
Super Moderator
John
6,885 Posts
Greetings Doug, great to meet you, welcome to our community.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Doug.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Doug from near Peace River. I don't know of a Canadian supplier but possibly the largest supplier of bits to the CNC trade is Onsrud. They are in Waukegan, Illinois. They have sold quite a few metric sized bits on ebay at firesale prices but I only see some 3mm bits at the moment. They may list some more in a few days. They are extremely helpful to deal with according to one member who called their customer support line. They sell mostly straight bits in HSS, carbide, and PCD. You can go on one of the auctions and contact them that way or you can google them and go through their website.

onsrudcutter2010 | eBay

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Doug I think that you are looking at this from the wrong end, I would be shocked if the router manufacturer could not supply a 1/2 collect for the router so start there, when you have a 1/2 collett then they all fit. and you could also try and see if you could get a muscle chuck for it as well as the 1/2 collett. NGM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Doug I think that you are looking at this from the wrong end, I would be shocked if the router manufacturer could not supply a 1/2 collect for the router so start there, when you have a 1/2 collett then they all fit. and you could also try and see if you could get a muscle chuck for it as well as the 1/2 collett. NGM
I have the opposite problem my router is ½ inch and the bits here are metric. I ended up buying a second ¼ in collet and drilled it out to 10mm.

Doug
If you cant get the collet we have metric bits here. 6mm and 10mm

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I have the opposite problem my router is ½ inch and the bits here are metric. I ended up buying a second ¼ in collet and drilled it out to 10mm.

Doug
If you cant get the collet we have metric bits here. 6mm and 10mm
Steve I have the opposite problem. I bought some 6, 8, 10, and 12 mm from Onsrud. I have reducers for the 6 and 8. They say the 10mm fits 3/8. I have the 3/8 reducer too but haven't tried the 10mm ones in it. The 12mm ones I have to buy a collet for but the bits were so cheap that a collet is cheaper.

Reactions: Daikusan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlie, Thanks from Calgary
I'm looking for 3 & 8 MM for my Summa Flatbed Cutter/router. I'll try to contact them using info from their Website
Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts