1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
I rarely use my Win 10 machine and stopped updating my Win 7 machines. I've installed Never10.exe and hope it will all turn out well. Micro$oft is used to using shoving it up your @$$ marketing, and really have no interest in actual users. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to update it and my dropbox data.

I've made sure all my machines are running Norton, with automatic updates. I'm thinking now I'm retired of using PCMatic, which is 5 licenses for $50. vs close to $100 for 3 for Norton. And the PCMatic seems to be better at blocking than any other antivirus. Any of you guys using it?

I also hope they get sued. Meanwhile, another boost for Apple.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
just think if Microshid wasn't your friend....

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Don't worry M$ is working with AMD on an update! Only how will you install it if your PC won't boot? DOH!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My first computer had Digital Research DOS, referred to as Doctor (DR) Dos. This was around 1990. A friend who wrote programs for the medical field said it was better than MS but didn't get the hype that MS got.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Switch to Linux. Ubuntu is Nice and Mint is easy to work with. Run your Windows stuff with Wine. It is just a learning curve. Best part is its free and you are not tied to MS and there wonderful updates.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My IT guy told me (while working on my PC yesterday) that the new version of Win10 won't allow any 3rd party software that isn't purchased through the MS 'shop'. How is that not a restriction of trade violation? MS needs to be broken up and/or severely punished for their predatory trade practices. Too many friends in high places???

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
My IT guy told me (while working on my PC yesterday) that the new version of Win10 won't allow any 3rd party software that isn't purchased through the MS 'shop'. How is that not a restriction of trade violation? MS needs to be broken up and/or severely punished for their predatory trade practices. Too many friends in high places???
Bribery and dropping money on campaigns. Bribe a few judges to say it's not a monopoly. Easy peasy. Then all you have to do is keep shoving where the sun don't shine and call it marketing. Good thing is that Office 2003 still runs fine in 10, even though M$FT says it doesn't.

If you get real, the swamp is bought and paid for with corporate money, othewise our elected public servents wouldn't enter broke and retire with hundreds of millions. We're just sheep for the slaughter.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Haven't had a problem with MS updates (YET) but I have noticed that Yahoo & Facebook seems to have a "technical difficulty" when I try to forward something that is not in line with their political leanings.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dropped M$
Long ago useless sh.t

Linux works a lot better!

Apple systems are good , they are based on Linux but have more failures than Ubuntu , cost more, .
Useful and powerful only if you don' t want to learn, but will pay what you asked for.

For the mainstream user most useful apps are there , open office very similar to ... , mail, Firefox,drawing with the gimp , Krita etc , Ubuntu is fairly good.
In my opinion it lacks of good video mounting software , but i may be wrong, and don't need them anyway.
Here in France, some of our critical military systems swapped to Linux for a better safety.
This is not well known, but not a secret here. It is public and has been published years ago.

Regards
Gérard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts