Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a mid sized bench top drill press with a 5/8" chuck. I keep looking at the Masterforce one sold at Menards for around $200. I was told that Makita makes this tool and that is a pretty decent one for the price. I main concern is accuracy with good plumb holes bored with the table and of course durability.
I have a Delta now which is showing some age and has a worn out chuck. Any reviews or advice here would be appreciated.
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks, but no thanks for any reviews or comments regarding this drill press. Did some follow-up myself so I'll report my finding to date since I broke down and purchased this bench top tool. It has everything I need in a drill press, an accurate adjustable table, a hand operated variable speed lever with digital rpm readout, longer boring stroke and a 5/8" chuck. It was well packed and assembly was easy out of the box. I could easily see the quality of the parts as I put them together. For the sale price of 179.99 I feel this was a good buy. Now I will test it by giving it a good workout and will hope I do have to use the 3 year warranty at any time during this period.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Joe, I think the reason you did not get any responses might be because this is the review section where members report on tools. I am not familiar with this drill press so I did not comment earlier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Masterforce drill press review

Joe,

Following through on your question, I found a good review and discussion at this link: Review: MasterForce 12" Drill Press - by TheDane @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community. Looks like this DP is a very close match of the Jet JDP-12, at a more affordable cost. Specs look pretty good on it.

Also I notice at Menard's their having a MIR sale so you can get this now for $204, a savings of $25.

Good luck in your search, wish I could afford this!

P.S. Another link (same forum), good pictures included: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/3437

1 - 5 of 5 Posts