Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, My name is Mike you can call me anything. My last name is Wurm so that opens up a whole bunch of opportunities for nicknames. LOL. Actually I've made a lot of friends as a grown up because of my name, it's been an ice breaker in conversations. As a kid it was like being the boy named Sue, I fought a lot over it. I was stationed in Germany during Vietnam (drafted) and in the phone book it was as common as Smith is here. At least I know where I came from.
I've been a woodworker most of my 59 years in one way or another, carpenter, rough, and finish. Worked 20 years in a foundry but was layed off about 10 of the 20. So I found carpentry to be a fun trade. I also had some college prior to the Army, and learn a little art, and sculpture, that I was interested in High School. When the Shop closed I worked 3 years in a forge plant and they closed. Then I went back to college for real, earned a degree and worked for 12 years in Drug and Alcohol Drug Rehab Facility called the Holden House, for men. I fell on the ice and broke my back in 2 places in 03 and have been unable to work since. What I do now, I do slow and easy and in short bits of time. I do it more for exercise than anything, although I love turning, and making chairs. I've been married 36 years, have two grown kids and 3 grandkids. I'm the most blessed man in the world, and lucky to be alive, I survived prostate cancer recently, and a large melanoma on my face last year, from years of fishing on Lake Michigan, my other passion. There it is. Thats me in a nutshell. Thanks for listening, Mike Wurm

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. I can already see that we are going to love having you with us. Make yourself at home and if we can help, just give a shout.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Mike and welcome to the router forums. That is quite a profile, great to know you already. I have found this forum a great place to get whatever information one may need. It has been a great place to make new friends. Bob the one that just greeted you lives about 4 miles from me and we get together from time to time. He came by today and saved me a major headache, I will be posting about it later today. Again thanks for joining us here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts