Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have to buy mill for grinding antlers (for the powder)!! and I cant find where I can do it!!!!Can you, please, help me to find it!!!:unsure:
Thank u in advance :thank_you2:

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Hi Polina. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have a huge problem in South Africa with Rhino's being killed for their ground horn. This is believed to be a cure for any assortment of ailments in the far East.
I hope this user is not just jumping on a money making scheme and in SA an illegal trade. The last vietmanese poacher just got locked up for 20 years.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have no idea of your required quantity, but a Micro-Plane will work on a small scale.
Sanding methods will make antler dust, but may leave contamination if purity is an issue..
Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia USA

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
This came up about six months to a year ago when someone wanted ground deer antler to use as leavening for some special bread recipe. I can't remember if anyone came up with a solution. Otis' sanding suggestion might work if you used one of the carbide Dura-Grit discs. The grit is brazed onto the backing I believe and wouldn't likely come off on something as soft as deer antler.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Mine is better ;-)
It would certainly be faster. And it wouldn't make any difference if the rest of the deer were still attached to the antlers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts