Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 23 years old and am really just starting to try to learn to work with tools and wood. It has always interested me but my family was never really into it. Anyways, I'm going to try my luck on a picnic table soon for my apartments. Before that I was thinking I might make a little miniature table with cutouts for a ketchup bottle and salt and pepper shakers. Anybody have any idea of plans for it and what kind of wood I should use? I'll take any help I can get!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Mitchel, this is an excellent project. Plan on building a few because they are very popular. Dave(Dr Zook) was bugging me because he likes mayo on his burgers. I told him that sounded like a crappy idea and 2 weeks later he got the little outhouse in the mail.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Michael.

Mike from Detroit may have plans. I know he has made these tables??/

PS, Mike, Snappp

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Oops! You can build this out of most any wood. The ones you see are recycled from a real picnic table someone gave me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's a nice idea. I'll have to borrow that. I'll have to make mine a bit larger becausse I like mayo on my burgers, too. :p

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Outhouse!!!!!

Mitchel, this is an excellent project. Plan on building a few because they are very popular. Dave(Dr Zook) was bugging me because he likes mayo on his burgers. I told him that sounded like a crappy idea and 2 weeks later he got the little outhouse in the mail.
Yes Mitchel, I received an outhose (the one in the picture) but, the door was intact, not hanging. It sits on my computer hutch, top right. Thanks again Mike.:dance3:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi all: Make your own plans for almost anything. Google "SketchUp 8" is lots of fun with tutorials for us old folks. Download is free for the basic program (all I and my 8yr old grandson need)
DBM

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Danella, I am still using the first version of sketch up... :jester:

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah yes ! My usual sketch tool also. Add a ruler and square cause I can't draw a straight line without them. But it is fun to "play' on the computer for a change.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
14,943 Posts
I'm 23 years old and am really just starting to try to learn to work with tools and wood. It has always interested me but my family was never really into it. Anyways, I'm going to try my luck on a picnic table soon for my apartments. Before that I was thinking I might make a little miniature table with cutouts for a ketchup bottle and salt and pepper shakers. Anybody have any idea of plans for it and what kind of wood I should use? I'll take any help I can get!
This photo may be of some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I like the little outhouse, I might have to borrow that idea :) I was thinking I might use the leftover wood from the picnic table I'm going to build as well. I just need to get my hands on a table saw!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
14,943 Posts
I'm very surprised that in your old age Bob you're actually telling people to spend money instead of making items. Regarding the $5.00 ones, are you sure they didn't say "made by Mike", I know that he was jigging up to make them.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,917 Posts
Mike
The outhouse idea is hilarious

1 - 16 of 16 Posts