Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.
I picked up a rather cheap Delta miter saw to help myself out around the house with the baseboards, as well as any other projects I see fit. After spending quite a bit of time setting the blade square to the fence with the use of a machinist's square, I'm still getting weird cuts. It actually looks rounded on both sides of the cut when I hold my square up to it. Did I just do the wrong thing by purchasing one of these? Or is it possible for the included manufacturer's blade to flex when it hits the wood? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi woodendigits

10" Blades don't flex on the ends :),,,, try this Clamp the wood in place then make a new test cut.
It may be bad blade with one or two carb. tips not true or bad Set on the blade also make sure the washer that holds the blade on the saw is the right one and in the right place.
Pop in a standard blade from your table saw and test cut some stock,if you have a
7 1/2" / 8" blade try it 1st.

Bj :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a cheap Delta (MS 250? -- ~ $89), but it cut very well. I'd bet the blade is your problem. Buy the best blade you can -- 60+ teeth, to get incredibly clean miters. My complaint with the Delta was tearout from a cheap insert with a wide gap. I made a new insert using thin aircraft plywood and that helped.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
As long as you are letting your saw do the work and not forcing the cut your trouble is most likely the blade. I use and recommend the Freud red Diablo or Industrial blades, 60 - 80 teeth for a miter saw. Expect to pay around $45 and get a blade to last a very long time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a bought a delta also and got what I paid for JUNK ! Eventually bought the Makita 1013FL compound slide saw and what a difference, the good part it has a rebate for an 18v, 2 battery cordless drill with it. I did change the blade to a Freud 80T, excellent saw if you're serious and have the use for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.