Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

My wife wanted to cover the the frame of the laundry room since, in her opinion, it looked so ugly. She asked to buy a curtain hanger for a curtain she´d make this weekend. I told to her "Ok, my dear. I´ll make the curtain hanger" She used her sewing skills and I, of course mine ones.

Here are the final results.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nicely done Alexis..
very nice...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Alexis, Them there curtains are looking fine, nice of you to make something to hang them on.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
As always Alexis that is nicely done.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Alexis, this is such a good idea. You don't normally think of the curtain rod and brackets being a complement to the curtains. Your use of different woods made it beautiful. I'm going to use the idea. Well done!

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Nice project to blend your wife's sewing skills and your woodworking skills.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alexis, this is such a good idea. You don't normally think of the curtain rod and brackets being a complement to the curtains. Your use of different woods made it beautiful. I'm going to use the idea. Well done!
Hi, Jim.

That was an idea from my wife. She asked me to combine the wall tiles color with the fabric and the wood. The brackets are made out of saman, a brown local wood.

BTW, something went wrong when I attached the files. Normally, I put them in a logical sequence but, in this post I dragged all of them together and they were attached randomly.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,061 Posts
Very nice job Alexis.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, fellows.

After finished the boss asked for something to keep the curtains partially open so, I went to the garage to make these wooden tie backs that were attached to the wall with two faces tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Alexis,

Good solution for the tie backs and that's why it is good to save those scraps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts