Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have zero experience with this supplier (MLCS) whose bit collections are all over the mail order and web sales outlets. I received a catalog offering as NEW this Palm router has some interesting features. Anyone have experience with this outfit ans especially this unit?

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks awfully like a Rotozip to me. Im in the market for a smaller trim-size router but I dont think the Marvel would fit that bill.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
BJ (BobJ3) has one of the older Marvels and I know he was happy to go out and buy the Bosch Colt and then the DeWalt 611. MLCS is very popular with forum members and I have no complaints with any purchases I have made from them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
MLCS has decent bits.

I've purchased a dozen or so bits from MLCS. They have their regular line and a higher quality line called Katana. I've purchased bits from both lines and have been happy with all of them and shipping is always free. I do a lot of template routing with a 1 3/8" straight bit with both top and bottom bearings. I accidentally took a chunk out of the Katana bit (bad landing when, klutz that I am, dropped it) and decided to upgrade to a Whiteside since that's really my "go to" bit. I did notice a difference. I'd say that for most router work I'm very happy with MLCS. For the heavy duty stuff I'll buy Whiteside.

Sorry but I don't know anything about the router. As a footnote, MLCS is associated with Penn State Industries who are big in the pen turning market. They have the same retail address.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Yes, Miranda owns MLCS, Penn State Industries and Eagle America.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts