Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me a MLCS power router lift last Christmas, I am installing it in the Router Cabinet I built from the New Yankee Workshop plans. I was going to use a older US made Porter Cable 890, but the lift doesn't seem to be compatible with the 4 little nubs on the Porter Cable motor that make it screw into the fixed base. Has anyone else run into this problem ? I'm considering buying a Bosch 1617 to use instead. Anyone have experience with the MLCS power router lift ?

Steve

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
HI Steve. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Steve: Welcome to the forum! I know that others have had similar problems. There are ways to get the match You need. My feeling is that You can always use another router. This way, You can do two different operations with out having the extra set-up . I have three full sized. and I have always been happy to do more than using it only in the table. Use one in the table, the other for hand operations. And welcome to the forums!:0

·
Registered
125 Posts
MLCS powerlift using a pc 890 router motor

I was going to use a older US made Porter Cable 890, but the lift doesn't seem to be compatible with the 4 little nubs on the Porter Cable motor that make it screw into the fixed base. Has anyone else run into this problem ? Anyone have experience with the MLCS power router lift ?
Steve
Hi Steve,
You might contact MLCS for info on using your older "USA Made" PC890.
I use a 2 year old PC890 in my Powerlift, and it wasn't a problem.

I mentioned my use of the MLCS Powerlift in this forum.
Search for "x-y router table" or "x-y-z router table"
Mark

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
:) Hello and welcome to the forum. Steve
Sorry can not help with that lift

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,298 Posts
Steve hasn't posted on the forum since 2013 and may no longer be following the forum.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,519 Posts
Steve hasn't posted on the forum since 2013 and may no longer be following the forum.
Good catch Ross , I never even noticed. I think John is just trying to keep his post count higher than mine lol

Reactions: old55
1 - 8 of 8 Posts