Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The attached letter rack started out as a mock up for a magazine rack that I have yet to do. I painted it because it is made up of scrap wood. The purpose was to learn what I could on doing the datto's and round overs etc. on some scraps before getting some oak or some other wood to build the full size rack on. I was going to just toss it aside when my wife asked why it couldn't be use for something. So I painted it and now it resides in the kitchen to put the mail in until time to read.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Looks good to me Jerry. I like the finish on it.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know sometimes it is funny how things happen, All I was going to do was get a handle on how to make the cuts dadoes and round overs the thing went together so well and was the perfect size for the incoming mail. Just a little thing like that can teach a guy some good lessons, like finish the inside before assembly because you can't reach it later.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
A very nice well finished project Jerry, I've a feeling that some of us are are going to make copies.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harry that would be an honor, the two front pieces are dadoed (sp) into the sides then rounded over. That was the part I wasn't sure about. I only started to do the seriously last spring with refinishing and got more serious with the two tier table and now I really would like to build things. My dad was something else with his hands and I would like to think maybe some of that was instilled in me. A while back I posted this ship that he did as a Jr in high school. I am so blessed to have this because ever thing else he made was neglected and destroyed.

These two black tables are what I made to give to Martha at the church in exchange for the maple table. Its a long story, but the maple table was to have been painted like these two.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts