Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, colleagues.
One of those Easter days I took a mirror whose wooden frame I made several years ago at my beginnings as a woodworker and decide to improve it.
The first picture shows the original wooden frame with some aluminum corners. I dismantled the frame and then two 12mm thick plywood slats, with different width were laminated to get a rabbet to hold the mirror.
In my miter saw I cut the four sides of the new frame then I glued them and wait for a glue to dry. Some edge banding was necessary to enhance the plywood edges. Finally, two coats of nitro primer to get a smooth finish.
It was so easy so a second and bigger mirror was also modified. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I like the second one a lot more. Good job.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi Alexis,the first one looks almost the same as the frame my grandson made for my wife & I
which has a photo of our 3 great grandchildren. The second one is also nice but I prefer the first.As Mr. Theo said "Good Job"

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
Yeah, I like the 2nd one also....

Great job, Alexis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.