Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I bought mom a new TV. Her old one was outdated by at least a decade!

It fits the entertainment center easily enough, but sits too low. Someone raised it up by putting some books underneath it. Encyclopedias from way back!

So, I decided to build her a stand/riser or whatever you want to call it. The TV will sit 8 inches above the shelf it is on. That should work out perfect.

Sorry for the krummy indoor pic. The flash wasn't turned on. Durn photographer! :surprise:

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,176 Posts
Nice one.

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I used those encyclopedias in junior high...early 60's! :surprise::grin:

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
Encyclopedia Britannica??? I remember in the mid 60's when the salesman used to come around selling them door to door. Yup, my parents bought a set 'cause my older sister and I were in high school.
We had the full set to Vince . I think of them as the Google of the 60's

Mike I kinda laughed to myself , as when I first opened the thread I scrolled down and on the second last pic I said , sweet looking coffee table ! lol

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Maybe I need to replace the TV box that is under my wife's TV. It is from the TV she had before I bought her a bigger one so I could use the old one for presentations. The one you mad would allow storage under the TV where the box is just a big block of air in a box.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
Those small shelf things are handy. My dad built me one years ago. I always seem to find a place for it after it frees up. I think I have been using it for around 20 years and 2 houses.
They can come in handy for raising computer monitors to a comfortable height also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts