Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

luckily I made it to finish a small routing project after a long period, since I had to move to another town which took so much time.

It's a desk organizer or stand for a PC monitor. I tried to optimize it for batch production to give it away to friends...

It's really a simple project, but I really would appreciate if you would give me some thoughts what you think about it or about the build.

Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Looks great. But you will have to start over, the coffee cup is nowhere large enough. :grin:

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Nice work Daniel , thanks for sharing . I swear your the only person I’ve seen on YouTube that actually wears a respirator and safety glasses , good for you ;)

I like the cutout for propping the phone up, great idea . I may actually use that idea when I build a computer desk :)

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Good job, man. Nice and neat. I built one many years ago and it is still in use today. However, your desk is just too neat and clean. Mine looks like a bomb went off.

My thoughts on your project. I think it would be a great project for beginners and experienced folks alike. A nice and useful project.

I like the work table. I guess it is a Fe$tool MFT. The holes are great. Mine looks similar so I can relate to all of your work.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,022 Posts
Thanks for the video Daniel, nice job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work Daniel , thanks for sharing . I swear your the only person I’ve seen on YouTube that actually wears a respirator and safety glasses , good for you ;)

I like the cutout for propping the phone up, great idea . I may actually use that idea when I build a computer desk :)
Thanks Rick :)

Yes you re right, I am the only person on YT who wears safety stuff even at times when no safety is needed :pPP. I already thought it looks funny wearing it all the time during the vid :) But I just got into the habit of doing so :) because my sensitive loungs like it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your comment Mike,

Good job, man. Nice and neat. I built one many years ago and it is still in use today. However, your desk is just too neat and clean. Mine looks like a bomb went off.
Luckily I could borrow a desk for the vid, otherwise no one could have found the stand on my loaded own desk :grin:

My thoughts on your project. I think it would be a great project for beginners and experienced folks alike. A nice and useful project.
Yes you are right, I just build it for my own use and as a giveaway for some friends. Templates enable batch processing....

I like the work table. I guess it is a Fe$tool MFT. The holes are great. Mine looks similar so I can relate to all of your work.
The Worktable is custom made with 20mm holes. Usually I use my Fe$tool bench clamps which are way more handier than those I used in the vid. The bench has a Kreg plate with a Trition TRA001 included, you can attach 2 fences...

I also like your bench it looks great!

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Thanks Rick :)

Yes you re right, I am the only person on YT who wears safety stuff even at times when no safety is needed :pPP. I already thought it looks funny wearing it all the time during the vid :) But I just got into the habit of doing so :) because my sensitive loungs like it :)
Well it’s about time someone set a good example , as it’s way overdue . If I wasn’t a fugly short fat bald broke guy , I’d be doing YouTube videos too, just to show the younger generation proper safety practices.

I was recently taking to a welder in town who lost part of his vision due to grinding some steel without safety glasses . I was just blown away that anyone would even consider that :|

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Thanks for your comment Mike,

The Worktable is custom made with 20mm holes. Usually I use my Fe$tool bench clamps which are way more handier than those I used in the vid. The bench has a Kreg plate with a Trition TRA001 included, you can attach 2 fences...

I also like your bench it looks great!

@Daniel80 - those clamps are too rich for my blood so I modified some cheep Harbor Freight clamps. It's nice to have a friend with a welding machine! :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
love it but it would not work for me. I have to move the monitor closer to me when working on grayscale designs as my arms are not long enough to reach the touch screen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts