Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So because of the criticism (all helpful) on my first dovetail box I went and made a second on as a stand for a monitor, the dovetails came out MUCH better .
I used pallet wood (it's really heat treated pine) and some cutoffs from what was in my "to use later box".

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
That looks real good...

Reactions: makerofdust

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nicely done!

Question: I've never done any successful dovetail work, is it common to have to sand them?

I tried them once and the alignment was really terrible, not to mention they stuck out like 1/2" all around LOL.

Needless to say I haven't tried them again :(

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
With proud pins and tails, give a Japanese pull saw a try to minimize sanding. They are really nice and have no offset teeth to mar the sides. I don't love sanding, although it is much easier using the 3M flexible sanding material, which I find removes material far faster than any paper backed stuff I've used. Lasts far longer too because you can flex it and the dust falls out. Here are pictures of both items

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.