Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light production, as in 4 from one board, but I think they came out nice. At least they came out like I wanted, anyway. The finish is Nitrocellulose sanding sealer followed by gloss lacquer, then Mohawk glazing stain, final finish is semi-gloss lacquer. These are 9" x 11.25" and the board is the Pine/Spruce/Fir glued up boards they have at Lowe's.

Wood Font woodworking

Font Text Calligraphy Label Games

David

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice look using that project wood...who'da thunk...

Wouldn't it be nice to drive 4 machines simultaneously...cut down on time...:smile:

Reactions: difalkner

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Nick! I truly do not like working with Pine - tears my allergies up. I can work with exotics all day long, even the ones that give people fits, and they don't bother me at all. So I figured I would do four at once and get it in and out of the shop - LOL!

David

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Those turned out nice.

If pine affects your allergies you might try a seal coat first and let it dry well before cutting it. It might be worth a try.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Mike. It's not the cutting on the CNC because the DC sucks all the chips and odor away. It's not even the drum sander or the ROS because those are connected to dust collection, as well. It's the table saw to trim the sides and separate the four pieces. I could cut the perimeter on the CNC but then I'd have to be really precise on placement because my 1/4" bit takes a lot more bite than my 3/32" saw blade. I have these sized just right to get four out of a 48" board and I don't want to make them any smaller if I can help it.

My allergies are just weird! :yes4:

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.