Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been busy watching the wife paint. She is a good worker. Will have to keep her.

Got the MDF top set on the carcass, looks to be flat enough for me. Not perfect, but a few shims should bring it around,

Next is to finish the top, install the router plate and build the drawers.

So much fun and so little time!

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great looking! It is always nice to make your own so you can customize it to yourself.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Good looking, I agree with scotirish10 When you build your own you can make the way you want it, plus when it comes time to change it you know what your dealing with. I made mine and because it is a work in progress I know what I am working with. Good work on the entire assembly. Oh yes, smart to paint as you go, just not on surfaces you will be gluing up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ronald and Jerry, I appreciate all the positive comments.

Where else can we have such fun?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.......and another batch of pics

Most are of the table during the last month.....of construction, drawer installation, router and tracks for fence mounted (I forgot how much dust is generated when routing MDF), roller table for planer return parts made, and planer positioned. The rollers are rolling pins from WAL-MART, they work great!

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tom, the table looks great. I'm sure you'll be happy w/it. Not to mention, the pride from building it yourself. Great Job.

Ross

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very nice job.
Are you in trouble for taking all the rolling pins from the kitchen? LOL :)
Nice roller for the planer!!
Nice & big, lots of work area.
Do you have a vacuum hooked to the router compartment for dust control & to give the router some air for cooling?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI Tom

I must say when I saw it for the 1st. time I said what a tank :) then the more I look at it the more I like it :) it's a nice setup and will server you well :)

GOOD JOB

========

Have been busy watching the wife paint. She is a good worker. Will have to keep her.

Got the MDF top set on the carcass, looks to be flat enough for me. Not perfect, but a few shims should bring it around,

Next is to finish the top, install the router plate and build the drawers.

So much fun and so little time!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it moves around like a tank, but I have a lot of room (not a brag) in my shop. This one is just a bit (6") bigger than my old one so there will be more room for the planer. Also, this gives me another table since I will remodel the old one for an infeed for the TS.

Thanks for the comments,

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There is nothing wrong with bragging about having a lot of space. As the saying goes if you got flaunt it! I am in here like sardines in a can!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This project is finished (mostly)

This should be the end of my new router table project. As I look around my shop, it looks like the only new thing I have added for about 10 years. Sure would like a new table saw. Mine is 30 years old. It still works, just looks tacky!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Good job Tom, Does it do all you wanted it to do? Looking forward to seeing pics of your shop. Mine is a disaster right now and will be for a few weeks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still some things to add to the table Jerry. Hope to get it completed this year! My shop is a real mess right now due to a bunch of freebies for family members. No, they don't think to clean up the sawdust I make on their behalf.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The rollers are rolling pins from WAL-MART, they work great!
Two questions about your Wal-Mart purchase...

1. Was your wife with you when you bought them and did the check-out girl give your wife a "knowing" blink?

2. Did you buy six or seven? (If seven, I would try and ascertain the location of the seventh one before your wife reads your post about her painting.)

Seriously Nice constructive use of space, very nice indeed!

Cordially,
Gerry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually Gerry, my wife was the one who found the first 3 at our local wal-mart and knew what I was looking for. I had to go to a more distant store to locate the balance of the other 3 that were needed. No, she didn't use any on me (this time)!

Thanks for the encouragement, it has been a fun build!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts