Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a few items to mount into my tablesaw outfeed table. Usable width is 49" wide and depth as much as needed.
I have a Incra PRL-V2 lift, Incra 17" LS Super System fence and a Milwaukee /Jessem 3 1/2 HP router motor.

My Question is how far back from the front edge of the table do I need to center the router for best usage. Also how far from the router plate do I need to mount a miter track.

Thanks for all the help I hope I get .

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum Robert. I don't know that there is a set distance. If you look at some of the router tables in some of the gallery's and look at the sites below than maybe you can come up what you think and is comfortable to you. I just don't Think there is a "set dimension".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, just wanted to ask the people that use router tables what they think would be the best all-around spot to mount it. At the point with the outfeed table that I need to put all the supports in for the lift.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
People tend to set their routers too far back from the front edge. As a rule 12-13" to the bit center works well. On average T tracks are usually mounted about 8" away from the bit. You should decide what accessories you will be using on your table before you install a t track, they may be the deciding factor on your location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, did edit my profile didn't know it was there. (Dumb). Was thinking around 14 to 16 inches since the widest door I will probably ever build will be around 32" half of it would be on the table for support. The table will be wood with a laminate top so a track with feather boards is the plan, along with miter slides and etc. Thanks for the help will keep reading have a lot of catching up to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts