Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone - my first post! [And it probably shows]
My first router packed in and I'm looking to replace it. It was on a Charnwood W012 Bench Top Router Table.
I will only use it on the table but not sure how easy it is to put another router in it - different moun ting plate?
I am thinking of a Bosch POF 1200 AE or Erbauer ER2100. Would these fit wwithout too much mucking about?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
hello and welcome N/A...
what country are you residing in???

Reactions: gmercer_48083

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

You will likely need to drill new mounting holes but that is easy enough...you can use the routers base plate as a template...just make sure the holes are drilled so that the shaft of the router is exactly centered.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
There are a few aftermarket plates that are drilled to accept most routers but then you have a plate with a bunch of holes in it. Lots of plates just assume you'll drill the holes yourself.

·
Official Greeter
20,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Martin.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I knew you were UK based as soon as I saw "charnwood" and "erbaur" :grin:
(I'm English, ex-pat in Cyprus).

Lots of very skilled people here, but as they are mostly North American with a sprinkling of OZ, and less than a handful of brits, almost none of them have experience with UK machine tool brands.

Thats a very small table, and doesnt allow long routers (see video
)
In all honesty, unless you only have the kitchen table to work on, and only do scale model work I recommend a much bigger table and a half inch router, which will last you forever.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Coming into this late, I'd be more concerned about a router 'lift' than the table as a table can be built easily and made to suit with t-track and what else you need/desire. I went with with Bosch table/lift and had to fit a Jessem Rout-R-Lift II into after the Bosch lift mechanism disappointed so badly. Routed the Jessem's phenolic plate by 1/16" on all sides and it went in with minimal difficulty. Gonna write them and suggest a Bosch RA1181 table version to facilitate this for similar owner experiences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.