Router Forums banner

Mounting screws for Craftsman 27683

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Duane Bledsoe 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to routing, but have done some reading and plan to build a table. The Craftsman 27683 router base has six 10-32 tapped holes spaced at 60 degree increments around a 2.704" radius, but only three of them are used to hold the plastic base plate on. My question is whether I should use only three, or all six of the holes to suspend the router from the table. Thanks.

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.
make sure they are long enough reach all the way thru 3 maybe a little shy but 6 is over kill

#3 ·
3 should be enough especially if that router only takes 1/4" shanks. As already said, just make sure they are long enough.

#4 · (Edited)
That Craftsman router can take either 1/4 or 1/2 inch bits. I always thought 3 screws was standard for table mounting though. My DeWALT DW618 can use either 3 or 4 screws to hold it to a table. I was planning to just use 3 because of using a predrilled plate, and use 1/2 inch shank bits, even panel raising bits. Is anyone saying this is a bad idea now?

#5 · (Edited)
3 screws is all you need to secure your router to your mounting plate or directly to a table; the exception to this would be a router that is designed with a 4 mounting hole system. IE.. the PC 7518, Milwaukee 5625-20 or the Triton TRA-001.

Reactions: Duane Bledsoe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.